At the end of this course, you will learn:
• To be familiar with TechLOG software functionalities & its applications.
• Recognize and explain different TechLOG modules and disciplines.
• Learn and recognize what types of Data TechLOG can evaluate & analyze.
• How and what types of Data could be acquired in Open/Cased Hole.
• How to identify zones of interest, Logs affected by borehole conditions, logs affected by formation minerals and composition.
• Petrophysical evaluation methods and how to choose between them.
• Enhance your Petrophysics knowledge and recognize what are the challenges that Petrophysicist deal with nowadays.
• You’ll be able to load datasets, QC Logs, Export Datasets, and Prepare and Edit Data, load and edit formation tops, identify reservoirs & lithologies.
• Estimate Petrophysical parameters, Identify and optimize the interpretation parameters.
INSTRUCTORS: Mr. Mohamed DEHDOUH (Sr. Reservoir Geoscientist) (biography below)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: This course is intended for:
• First level or Junior Petrophysits • Geophysits • Production Engineers/Master • Petroleum Engineers/Master • Students with minimum knowledge in petrophysics • Geoscience Engineers • Junior or Senior Geologists .
DURATION: 25 hours
MINIMUM ATTENDEES: 5 to 10 per session
• 9% discount is offered for group registrations (5 members & more)
• For registration, please fill up registration form at : http://www.brass-energy.com/training-and-seminars/
• For more details, please contact BRASS-ENERGY at http://www.brass-energy.com/contact-us/
Chapter 1: Introduction
• Introduction to Petroleum Industry
• Overview : Well Design, Drilling, Casing, Cementing.
• Wireline Logging, Tools & applications.
• Techlog Software Introduction.
Chapter 2: TechLOG Functionalities
• Getting Started, Basics, concepts, Interface, Modules…etc.
• Data Selection, Preparation, types, formats …etc.
• Project Management & Functionalities.
• Data Handling & Functionalities.
• Application with real data using Techlog.
Chapter 3: Petrophysical Evaluations & Applications
• What is the role of a Petrophysicist .
• Formation evaluation methods & Challenges.
• Basic Petrophysical Evaluation (Theoretical aspects).
• Tops, Zones and Lithology identification using Techlog.
• Mineralogy Identification using Techlog.
• Some Key Minerals & Log Responses.
Chapter 4: TechLOG Conventional Petrophysics – (QUANTI Module)
• Quanti Interface Aspects
• Quanti Workflow Manager and Functionalities.
• Introduction to Quick look method
• Shale Volume computations
• Porosity computations
• Water Resistivity estimation methods.
• Water Saturation computations.
Chapter 5: QUANTI Best Practices
• Evaluation Parameters Optimization
• Matrix and Mineralogy Best Practice
• Methods & Approaches Best Practice
• Cutoffs , Results, Outputs , Reports …etc
• QUANTI Limitations